Company is looking for a VMware Engineer to be responsible for VMware implementation, ability to write scripts to support operations and test, ability to support overall system maintenance and perform troubleshooting (root cause analysis).
- VMware Engineer with knowledge in scripting languages to support automation of operational tasks and testing.
- Advanced proficiency with VMware products and platforms including:
- vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vROPs and other
- Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot MS Windows and Red Hat Linux systems.
- Working knowledge of firewalls, servers, networks and operating systems.
- Performs daily review of audit, security, and application logs and identifies problem areas or trends and takes the proper action and generates required reports.
- Support critical operations during standard and non-standard working hours.
- 4+ years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field OR 2 years relevant experience with a Graduate degree.
- 4+ years working experience with VMware products and platforms.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience using industry standard tools and agile development processes.
- Experience with Account management, PKI cert management, LDAP configuration/management.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (e.g. CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, SSCP, or CCNA Security).
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS