We are looking for an experienced Tool Maker. This position will perform a variety of operations including the assembly & integration of high value and highly complex electromechanical and opto-mechanical space flight hardware to tight tolerance specifications. Scope is focused on timely execution of assigned tasks as an individual contributor and function well within a team environment. This role involves working directly with engineers on the design, development and assembly of new and existing products to optimize design for manufacturability. Proficient in shop equipment including but not limited to Mills, Lathes, Grinders and precision measuring equipment.
- Willingness to work overtime, shift work, weekends, holidays and some travel.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
- Experience in manufacturing and/or prototyping environment.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings/blueprints/schematics and detailed work instructions.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and manufacturing documentation.
- Must be mechanically inclined, and be able to work with very fragile and precise assemblies
- Speaks clearly and concisely, presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups.
- Ability to identify problems and suggest solutions.
- Demonstrates appropriate computer knowledge.
- Understands and adheres to established policies, procedures and proper labor charging practices.
- Must be able to perform as an individual contributor as well as within a team environment.
- Requires HS Diploma or GED and a minimum of 4 years production/manufacturing experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Associates Degree or Skilled Journeyman Certification.
- Experience in an Electrical/Mechanical/Optical discipline.
- Able to be certified to IPC JSTD or comparable NASA certifications.
- Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Aerospace or Defense industry experience.
- Experience with CMM or Laser Tracker measurement tools.