- Provide technical support for a large nationwide network. Support requires physical layer, data link, and network layer knowledge.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within Network Operations Control Center (NOCC), utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer’s services.
- Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA network.
- Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1, T3, utilizing DACs equipment.
- Utilize test methods to analyze/troubleshoot Ethernet, IP, Frame Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN, SONET, and TDM.
- Work with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), ILECs, and IXCs to resolve WAN problems.
- Work with onsite field technicians remotely to resolve local issues.
- Expertise in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment is preferred: Cisco, Sycamore, and APC.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups, as needed, to correct trouble on the FTI network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field with (2 to 4) years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associate’s Degree with a minimum of (6) years of prior related experience. Will consider prior work experience in place of degree.
- (2) Years layer 1 Troubleshooting experience.
- (2) Years networking technologies experience with SONET and/or Time Division Multiplexing (TDM).
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Networking technologies experience with RF.
- Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities.
- Networking technologies experience such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, ATM, and Frame Relay.
- Experience with Network Management tools such as Cisco Prime SNMPc, Orion, and Netflow is a plus.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.
- CCNA Certification - Highly Preferred.