Join a technology driven organization that delivers superior performance to the U.S. Government, our allies, and leading corporations throughout the world. As Systems Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the test and evaluation of undersea systems and related capabilities. This position supports the Maritime Sensors (MSENS) division, which specializes in developing situational awareness and anti-submarine warfare capabilities for the US Navy and our allies. Products include undersea sensors, including towed and hull arrays; imaging systems including masts, periscopes, and surface ship weapon sights; and seabed infrastructure, including undersea data and power networks and training ranges.
- Responsible for program test planning, including development of the Master Test and Evaluation Plan.
- Responsible for planning and execution of the tests, including defining test requirements, creating a test plan, determining the test instrumentation required to capture the required test data, holding Test Readiness Reviews and conducting the tests. In performing these tasks, the lead test engineer must work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to coordinate the activities leading up to and including the test itself.
- Responsible for ensuring that all instrumentation capabilities will meet the overall requirements for the test, as coordinated with the lead systems engineer.
- Responsible for the after-test debrief and ensuring that all data artifacts are collected and made available for review.
- Responsible for playing a significant role in post-test analysis, especially for capturing lessons learned for improvement of the test plan for subsequent testing.
- Responsible for managing the T&E Integrated Product Team, including schedule and budget responsibilities, and managing IPT scorecards.
- Responsibilities also include support on proposals for new business
- Other duties as assigned
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in systems engineering / system test and evaluation
- Qualification and design verification testing
- Strong test and evaluation planning skills
- Experience designing, developing and implementing test equipment for use on UUT evaluations
- Experience developing and executing Design Verification Tests for complex components and systems
- Experience planning and executing test plans
- Strong technical performance with understanding of EVMS
- Working knowledge of military standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel up to 25% to support field testing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree desired
- Familiarity with maritime products and undersea acoustics
- Familiarity with National Instruments, Labview
- DOORS experience
- Control account manager experience
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)