The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the life-cycle support of data link (wideband, narrowband and/or SATCOM) systems from conceptual development through product phase-out. This includes proposal support, requirements analysis and management, task planning, technical documentation (including generation of Statements of Work and specifications), design oversight participation, design synthesis in a multi-functional engineering environment, build and test support, subcontract control, risk management input, and system deployment and in-house technical support during the operational life-cycle of the system.
- Performs research and development in assigned engineering discipline
- Assists in the planning and conducting of technical projects or portions of projects
- Employs best practices, tools and techniques and applies processes and methodologies selected to design and develop new products or modify existing products
- Assists in the capture and/or management of customer and derived requirements, decomposition and assignment of requirements to appropriate functional areas of responsibility, insuring traceability from a verification test matrix back to original customer and system level derived requirements
- Helps develop technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, analyzes configuration and processing solutions, and tests conformance to specifications
- Recommends new or improved design solutions and processes; reviews literature, patents and current industry practices of relevance to assigned project
- Ensures technical performance, quality, and adherence to schedule
- Follows processes in conformance with established policies and objectives
- May coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel and may mentor and/or provide work leadership
- May provide technical consultation to internal organizations and/or customers
- May evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- May participate in design reviews
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering discipline is strongly preferred, or equivalent technical education and experience (2-15 years related experience)
- Experience in product development a plus (preferably in military application environment).
- Understanding of engineering architecture and design concepts along with basic understanding of the engineering practices and procedures required to develop, test and deploy systems.
- Presentation and communication skills (verbal/written/visual)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Understanding in coordination of project(s) and efforts of technical support personnel
- Ability to productively contribute work, ideas and collaboration as part of a team
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance, as required
- Ability, willingness to travel when required to support customer installation, demonstrations and general field support