As a Systems Design Engineer 4 - Unmanned, you will support Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and Systems programs and perform project system design and requirement activities while working closely with the Program Chief Engineer. This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV) using small company agility and big company experience.
- Perform hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
- Works closely with the other systems engineers, and collaborates with our mechanical, electrical, software, and aerospace engineers in planning, designing, manufacturing, and testing of systems to ensure system software and hardware requirements are traced to the design and formally verified/validated.
- This position will perform system specification development, creation and enforcement of interface control documents, system risk management, and system configuration management
- This position will be responsible for development of concepts of employment, uses cases, sequence diagrams, and service contracts
- This position will be responsible for creating, maintaining and using requirements related documentation and databases for multiple programs
- This position will be responsible for verifying all requirements are met using the approved verification method and documenting the verification results
- Coordinate with customer, subcontractor, and vendor personnel through written and oral communication.
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Active DoD clearance; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in requirements development, design, implementation, integration and test of aerospace-related technical systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of system level design experience in which the applicant has been involved in the design and integration of complex aerospace hardware/software systems, the definition of multiple interfaces, and been involved in the trades of multiple solution options
- Minimum of 5 years of expertise in Systems Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and test
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 10-25% to support field testing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced degree
- Possession of a current Top-Secret clearance is highly desirable
- Degree or relevant coursework in Systems Engineering
- Experience with proposal development including generating basis of estimates
- Experience in unmanned aerial systems
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS
- Familiarity with STANAG 4586, JAUS, OMS, UCI, UAI or other common messaging architectures
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and service contracts
- Experience in development of use cases developed from customer objectives and concepts of operations
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)