The Systems Architect must possess excellent communication skills, tact and effective listening skills. The position requires consistent follow through and the ability to anticipate questions while being prepared with answers or follow-up. The Systems Architect must have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision researching new technologies or comparing technologies to meet the customers need while providing an unbiased opinion; however, the Systems Architect must be a team player and be able to follow processes and procedures. The Systems Architect must be a self-disciplined, self-starting professional who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversite.
The position requires professional level experience in designing and implementing enterprise level systems and scalable solutions as well as designing and implementing systems management tools to include centralized configuration tools, monitoring tools and management tools.
The Systems Architect should:
- Have experience with multiple disciplines; to include unified capabilities, mobile radios, network transport, data center optimization, cloud technologies, and network defense.
- Be well versed in Microsoft Office products to include PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Be well-spoken and professional and be able to simplify and present complex data to senior leadership for decision making.
- Understand and be able to produce DoDAF operational and system views, to support their engineering and design recommendations.
- Have operational experience that enables them to act in an advisory role as part of the tiered incident escalation response when necessary.
- Performing tier four architecture and engineering support
- Assessing business and applications requirements for systems
- Planning, designing and upgrading systems installation projects
- Establishing and maintaining backup, version-control and malware defense systems
- Troubleshooting network architecture and making recommendations for system repairs and enhancements
- Making recommendations for leveraging system installations and reducing operational costs
- Creating white papers and other professional documents which articulate requirements, capabilities and complex solutions
- Developing and presenting briefings to high-level government stakeholders
- Providing reports to Government IT managers
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, a Mathematics-intensive discipline, or a similar field is recommended. Candidates may substitute at least 8 years of IT related experience for education.
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination. MCSE or CCNP preferred
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions:
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.