- Ensure the integrity and consistency of software baselines for large telecommunications systems.
- Compile, build and install software baselines for large telecommunication systems.
- Research, design and implement new software configuration management tools to automate processes where possible to improve efficiencies and accuracy of the software builds and release of software baseline.
- Interface with the FAA customer and provide technical expertise as required for System Administrator and Software Configuration Management.
- Create and maintain Software Configuration documentation, including configuration management plans, software build procedures, baseline installation procedures, configuration specifications and audit reports.
- Provide necessary support for COTS Software used by project teams.
- Provide assistance and technical solutions to computer and system anomalies.
- Participate in complete software development lifecycle of requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and problem resolution.
- Assist in project planning.
- Work closely with multiple functional areas including Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, and Software Engineering for system administration and configuration needs.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software.
- Contributes towards the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), backup systems and disk configurations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information System or related area of study.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Configuration Management Specialist or performing
- Software Configuration Management Specialist related tasks within the last 15 years.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or software engineer.
- Must have a strong understanding of branching and merging of source code in revision control/SCM tools.
- Must have a strong understanding of computer applications and computer hardware.
- Experienced with Software build and release process automation (such as Jenkins, Gerrit etc.).
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio, GCC, or similar compilers.
- Strong working knowledge of Disk imaging software and Revision Control/SCM Tools (such as SVN, git, github etc.)
- Experienced with C/C++, C#, Python, Java or other similar programming languages.
- Strong working knowledge of scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, python etc.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills along with the ability to research and solve problems independently.
- Experienced with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Familiar with Microsoft Operating Systems and Linux based operating systems such as Redhat, CentOS etc.
- Must be a US citizen.
- No security clearance necessary.
- Experience with issue tracking tool such as JIRA, Redmine or similar is preferred.
- Prior experience as a software developer or software engineer is preferred.