- The principal activities include extending the capabilities of our Modeling & Simulation system, utilizing high-performance computing environments that include Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), massive memory and visualization capabilities, high-speed internal networks and interoperability with external virtual and live systems.
- Other activities include all-spectrum geospatial and dynamical entity constructive modeling in all domains (undersea to space, cyber, and EM), analysis of systems and sub systems for current and next generation real-world systems, scenario definition, simulation setup and conduct, results analysis, and adjustment and validation of the models until required results are obtained.
- These simulations will support military system design/trade studies, performance assessment, and system test.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in computer science, software engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or other quantitative discipline with demonstrated technical experience (e.g. Applied Mathematics)
- Minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
Must have the ability to:
- Obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Develop and maintain Software requirements, as well as unit test code for real-time computer Software Units
- Integrate and compile software components into builds and test in target environment
- Perform limited troubleshooting of defects and proposes solutions to problems
- Execute test procedures and documenting test results are desirable
- Learn via On-the-job training across multiple Lab Test Engineering roles and functions
- Develop mathematical models
- Design and analyze experiments to validate models
- Implement new features targeting dynamic simulation
- Develop vehicle/sensor/environment simulation using constructive and virtual simulation tools
- Work with the customer to define and create relevant simulation scenarios within Constructive and Virtual environments and toolchains to support M&S of next-generation platforms, avionics, sensors, etc.
- Produce analytic briefings using Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and present to fellow engineers, program managers and leadership, and customers
Must have experience:
- Working with AFSIM and/or other military and COTS model, simulation, decision support tools to support operations assessment; as well as lessons learned development/refinement experience
- Strong analytical, coordination, and communication skills (oral and written) and ability to work independently
- With Matlab and Simulink
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current active security clearance a plus.
- Knowledge of Joint and individual service Doctrine, CONOPS, TTPs
- Scripting languages such as python, bash, and perl desirable
- Knowledge and experience of virtual machine and/or Docker container configuration and development is desirable
- Agile development methodology and Atlassian tools
- Machine learning, data analysis, and advanced algorithm design and development
- Knowledge of computer networking and Internet technologies (TCP/IP protocol stack)
- Knowledge of data transport standards such as Data Distribution Standard (DDS), protobuf, etc.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Familiarity with one or more DoD and COTS M&S frameworks, e.g. AFSIM, NGTS, MACE
- Familiarity with one or more 3-D gaming engines (Unity, Unreal)
- Experience performing MS&A on solutions using Cloud-based technologies.
- Experience with structured and unstructured Big Data and applications to Machine Learning
- Working knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.