- Responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation.
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering field and 9+ years’ exp
- 8+ Years of Embedded Software Engineering experience
- 8+ Years' experience with C++ and/or Ada
- 8+ Years Real Time Operating Systems Experience
- Must have Interim Secret to start; position requires Secret Clearance
- Embedded background
- Electronic warfare knowledge
- EW Background
- Capable of working on both high and low level software
- VxWorks or similar embedded OS experience
- UML design experience