Develop software and firmware for undersea data acquisition hardware configured to operate in many different environments including, factory, depot and maintenance operations, laboratory analysis, aboard ship, etc. The primary focus of the position is embedded development on FPGAs and Linux platforms for undersea devices. These devices provide critical data for defense and science customers. Work hands on hardware in a lab and in the field in unique and diverse locations.
- Develop C and C++ Applications on embedded Systems including FPGAs and SOCs
- Implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide software engineering solutions including: software design, documentation, verification and validation, used in evaluating, testing and processing high fidelity data acquisition systems.
- Perform technical review, design analysis, development and selection of hardware and mission critical computer software.
- Modify existing hardware and software for systems or test facilities.
- Perform computer hardware and software development or implementation analyses; partition and structure the work to provide a means to assess and measure progress.
- Provide independent validation and verification of candidate designs and implementation approaches.
- Develop, test and document software code; support installation into higher level assembly as required.
- Perform software configuration management to ensure that the code reflects the latest version and revision level.
- Implement check and balance procedures to monitor, review and evaluate design activities performed to assure conformance with customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
- Review quality trends; conduct thorough design analyses including interface design, models, equipment prototypes and R&D test tools; interface with other technical personnel on quality issues.
- Ensure that assigned project tasks are completed, meet established technical and schedule requirements and comply with company’s quality system procedures. Identify and report quality problems in the assigned areas and recommend corrective action and/or alternative solutions to correct abnormal problems or trends that could jeopardize achievement of cost or schedule objectives.
- Prepare design review material in support of SRR, PDR, CDR, and other technical audits for assigned designs.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Communications, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering is required. In special circumstances knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Active DoD Security clearance preferred
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Digital Signal Processing
- Verilog, VHDL