We are currently seeking a PLC Programmer for our Herndon, VA location.
**Position can be 50/50 remote and onsite work. Candidate must reside in Herndon, VA or surrounding area.
- Participate in engineering control system development tasks including preliminary design, design, integration and formal testing.
- Full software life cycle application development, use of waterfall, spiral or agile methods.
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis.
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Software modeling and simulation
- Front end graphical user interface design
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability & automation.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with new and existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain standards compliance
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, Expected to learn new technologies very quickly as they emerge and resolve problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Ten+ years of prior work experience with automation and/or control systems
- Customer site field experience.
- Works well individually or in a group setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
- Possess a positive attitude with ability to "think outside the box"
- Excellent writing skills.
- Familiarity with the following software tools: MATLAB Simulink, NI Multisim, AnyLogic or other Automation/Control software.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS