- Design and implement customer enhancements to an existing software plug-in dll written in C#/.NET called Post Mission Analysis Tool (PMAT).
This software package implements a client editor plug-in for a GIS software suite called FalconView (https://www.gtri.gatech.edu/initiatives/falconview).
- Candidates must be able to understand existing software requirements that describe new functionality for PMAT, analyze the existing code, then design, implement, and test C# software solutions to meet those requirements.
- Responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation.
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
- Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management.
- May manage projects or processes with general supervision.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Recommends enhancements to systems and processes.
- Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Strong OOA&D
- At least some development experience in C#/.NET (or some other “managed” OO language like Java)
- Experience developing SW that interacts with databases like MySQL
- Experience with SW development tools like Git, Jira, Jenkins
- Secret Clearance (must at least have Interim Secret to start)
- Experience with C#/.NET
- Experience with GIS software applications and frameworks