Provides technical leadership for the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of Program Protection and security solutions used in military applications. The position requires a highly motivated and innovative individual with a proven track record in developing SSE (Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management) systems solutions to meet customer requirements, working in conjunction with new business development personnel and suppliers. Customers include USAF, USA, USN, USMC, MDA, and other USG acquisition agencies.
This senior technical engineer will assess multiple candidate security solutions for "best fit" with customer requirements, establishes detailed systems requirements and allocation of those requirements to sub-systems and engages with all engineering disciplines to determine compliance to the requirements during system development and qualification. The individual is responsible for leading the SSE implementation during the development, integration, test, and fielding of the systems and ensuring programs are executed to meet or exceed requirements while meeting cost and performance targets. Furthermore, the individual will develop and implement strategy to grow business in key areas.
- Lead implementation of SSE into products
- Interact with customer to define SSE requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Provide leadership for developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans. Keep senior management informed on major accomplishments, issues and concerns
- Pursuit and capture of new business initiatives in the SSE area
- Educate colleagues and customers alike in SSE
- Plan SSE implementations in customer systems
- Consult and assist program line management with SSE architectures and issues
- Assisting programs in developing plans and executing those plans
- Developing top-level system requirements, and flowing down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, or Robotics
- Relevant experience in the fields of computer technology reverse engineering, AT, or Cyber
- Extensive experience in design, development and fielding of Systems Security Engineering (SSE) systems for military applications: "relevant experience" is knowledge of a broad array of program protection concepts, reverse engineering tools and techniques, failure analysis, and cryptography. Detailed understanding of and experience in engineering security solutions for Government customers.
- Leadership in the implementation and business growth of SSE implementation with technical management experience overseeing technology throughout the entire life cycle
- Experience in solutions meeting the most robust SSE systems security requirements
- Extensive experience leading, advising, and educating DoD customers on SSE issues
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Business Administration, and/or Robotics
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years desired
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoD 8570 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Program management experience with SSE
- Broad understanding of technology and working knowledge of DODI-S-5230.28
- Aircraft/weapons integration experience
- Strategic planning skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with coworkers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Group management skills, leadership skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and present comprehensive technical briefings.
- Experience contributing in a team environment for the purpose of developing creative solutions to technical problems
- The candidate must be able to act independently to uncover and resolve issues, and possess excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
ACTIVE Secret Clearance or above
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering