The Procurement Support role will primarily be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support specifically related to cost estimating support for Defense Communications.
- Daily tasks include:
- Maintains files, Request for Quote’s for material and labor and other related documentation. Maintains information on computer systems.
- Prepares standard requests for quotations. Responsible for performing functions associated with quoting cost, delivery, and lead time for raw material and labor associated with Engineering designs, products supported by Harris Defense Manufacturing Operations. Includes cost of items from the bill of material structure on a released or new design of a system or product. All parts, components, set-up and/or tooling fees, OEM equipment, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Responsible for evaluation and validity of historical estimates based on business rules.
- Estimating labor by working with production leads.
- Strong communication with contacts typically within and outside the department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring explanation or interpretation to understand and reach agreement.
- Makes recommendations for solutions to improve the process.