As a Senior IP Network Engineer/Architect, design, management, and implementation of IP network architecture solutions will be required. The position will develop and champion new ideas and technologies that contribute directly to customer requirements. The selected candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams including management and program leadership. The position will require the ability to lead and mentor team members in the lifecycle support of network systems and associated management systems.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers
- Develop solutions that support customer visions and objectives
- Participate in inter program initiatives and discussions to resolve technical and procedural challenges
- Establish relationships with vendors to develop cost-effective solutions for the customer
- Create and maintain documentation and training for engineering and NOC teams
- Maintain operational excellence of network system and components to exceed customer expectations
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration
- Travel as required to meet for requirement meetings and system integration planning
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent of a 4-year accredited degree in a technical discipline.
- 15+ years of experience with managing, designing solutions within an IP network with a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree or 20+ years relevant experience with IP networks CCIE certification and/or equivalent level experience
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to architect, implement and support IP network infrastructure
- Knowledge of IP technologies such as Netflow, TCP and UDP signaling, IS-IS, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, iBGP, eBGP, MPLS Layer 3 VPNs, Pseudowire, and Ethernet switching.
- In depth implementation and troubleshooting experience of IP networks and the ability to think critically in high pressure, confidential environments
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Arista, F5
- Experience implementing and managing carrier grade network and network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and SDN technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- MSEE, MSCE or MSCS with communications focus and a minimum of 15+ year’s relevant networking experience.
- Exceptional verbal, written (including the development of procedural documentation), interpersonal, and presentation skills desired.
- Experience working in a IP carrier environment performing large-scale mission critical network implementations is a plus.
- Experience with network and performance management tools, security tools and appliances, layer two and layer 3 technologies, wireless communications, cloud computing and IP services and technologies is preferred.
- Self-driven and resourceful in achieving goals independently as well as in cooperation with others.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations