Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the data center environment (servers and networking components) in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines. Working closely with teammates, external consultants, and the participating businesses, this individual will develop, deploy, and maintain architecture solutions for projects. Documenting benefits and risks, implementation sequencing, technical design efforts, and facilitate technical change management during implementation.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Configure and maintain several FlexPods consisting of Cisco UCS Blades and NetApp AFF/FAS controllers.
- Monitor and maintain a virtualized VMware environment spanning several datacenters
- Manage a Cisco ACI Software Defined Network (SDN) across a multi-tenant datacenter environment.
- Manage Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployments supporting local and remote employees using linked/instant clone desktops.
- Build out and maintain the physical datacenters to include server racks, cooling, power, and cabling.
- Perform system patching / upgrades to maintain CIS compliance.
- Work with adjacent engineering teams and internal/external customers to translate requirements and objectives into final product designs.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups, as needed, to correct trouble within the environment.
- BS/BA (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years configuring FlexPod environments or working with Cisco UCS / NetApp AFF/FAS.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise storage technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support an “on call” rotation.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with the following:
- NetApp FAS/AFF Storage Controllers
- Cisco UCS (Blade and Rackmount servers)
- VMware ESXi and RHEL KVM experience
- Infoblox DDS (DNS, DHCP, IPAM)
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- VMware vRealize
- Professional certifications (VMware, NetApp, Cisco, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting and automation tools, such as Bash, PowerShell, Perl, and Ansible.