- This position is responsible for the assembly and manufacturing of parts, sub-assemblies and end items per schedule in accordance with shop orders, comprehends and interprets a variety, of instructions, data and documentation provided.
- Follow established methods and procedures; production scheduling and control; and coordinating, planning and expediting the flow of material, parts and assemblies, to ensure compliance, with required performance specifications.
- Able to work, in both team and individual contributor roles, with minimal supervision.
- Maintain professional standards, of performance, demeanor, judgement, and always as detailed in company policies, procedures, including safety practices.
- Support O/T (nights, weekends, or extended hours) as needed, to meet schedule requirements and business needs.
- May perform one or many of the following functions: various levels of intricate hand assembly, and operations under a microscope. Use visual inspection to verify quality of work before releasing to the next stage.
- Read and work to Manufacturing Work Instructions (MWI) and Blueprints. Responsibility for verification of product to the applicable workmanship standards. Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Management.
- Under general supervision, responsible, for performing a wide variety of Mechanical Assembly Operations on assemblies, or sub-assemblies per Engineering and company’s Quality System procedures.
- Able, to identify problems and issues, in straightforward situations resulting in resolution, in most issues.
- Intermediate comprehension and interpretation, of a variety, of technical specifications, including terms and documents.
- Ability to complete less structured assignments determining and/or following methods and sequences, of operations, on components and modules.
- Make setups and adjustments holdings tolerances, to blueprint specifications and work authorization documentation.
- Ability, to work, with small fragile parts and follow work instructions consistently and make operation entries on computer terminals.
- Keeping work area orderly and clean.
- Work, with Engineering and Engineering Technician, teamwork oriented.
- Perform rework on assemblies, utilize microscope throughout the manufacturing processes and inspection.
- Follow company procedures, for corrective action.
- Notify Production Supervisor, if a defect is identified, to obtain guidance and assistance, in resolving the problem.
- Must follow and understand all rules, of EH&S, Quality, OSHA and MSDS.
- Requires H.S. Diploma or GED, 1-3 years, of prior relevant Mechanical Assembly experience
- Must be able, to read and interpret Engineering Drawings
- Prior experience working under a microscope and hands on Mechanical Assembly experience
- Computer proficiency, with working knowledge, of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) preferred. Comfortable speaking in group/team settings
- Previous Cleanroom environment experience, attention to detail
- Must be able, to use basic hand tools and fixturing, use PPE appropriately, to the use, of chemicals and protection from other hazards is required
- Ability, to follow and give written and verbal instructions, be able and willing, to work, in and promote a team environment
- Must have fine motor dexterity, hand-eye coordination, depth perception and concentrated mental/visual demand;
- U.S. Citizen required
- Above average (intermediate level) organizational skills are a must
- Knowledge, of Lean Manufacturing Principles and 6S