- Responsible for providing second or third tier technical support to internal company employees for desktop systems software, hardware and network infrastructure.
- Responds to situations where first-line technical support is unable to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration and preventative maintenance of end user computing devices, network equipment, and/or telecommunications equipment.
- Exhibits an understanding of business and engineering application configurations and integration with the end user computing device.
- Provides technical support for the Windows operating system.
- Troubleshoots core business components within the Microsoft Office Suite as well as other major business applications.
- Performs hardware and software moves, adds and changes.
- Provides technical support in person or via remote management tools to troubleshoot software and hardware alerts and failures.
- Ensures systems and related equipment are in working condition and performs upgrades as needed to maintain operational status.
- Maintains asset records in Service Now.
- Maintains and updates incident records in Service Now and provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of end users to appropriate next level of technical support personnel in alignment with established service level agreements.
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited University in a related field is Required
- Experience installing and troubleshooting engineering applications
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in core requirements required
- Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management.
- May manage projects or processes with general supervision.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Recommends enhancements to systems and processes.
- Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results.