- Provide technical support for large private communications network.
- Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Employs various test methods used to remotely analyze fractional Enterprise Data networks including fractional T1; T1; fractional T3; T3; Ethernet; IP; and RF.
- Interprets equipment alarms in the network on-premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field with (2 to 4) years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associate’s Degree with a minimum of (6) years of prior related experience.
- 2 Years Telecommunications Network Troubleshooting experience.
- CCNA Certification or must obtain within 3 months of start date.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Layer 1 Troubleshooting experience.
- Previous experience in telecommunication call centers and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience required in maintaining high service levels in a demanding customer support services environment.
- Physical layer and routed technologies experience.
- Experience with Network Management systems and tools.
- Experience in remote maintenance and repair of the CISCO network equipment.