Implement, integrate and test embedded FPGA firmware for software-defined radio applications. Candidate will be required to analyze requirements, create specifications, implement designs using VHDL/Verilog, and verify designs meet requirements. Cooperates with electrical, RF engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces Candidate will work with cross functional teams to define, design, and verify FPGA solutions for radio product development projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to Design, develop, modify and verify FPGA designs for electronic equipment or other communications systems.
- Perform FPGA design verification and validation using advanced RTL verification techniques
- Design FPGA’s through the life cycle including: Architecture development, algorithm implementation, synthesizable VHDL code generation
- Perform FPGA Design Implementation: Constraint driven FPGA Synthesis, place and route, static timing analysis
- Generate design review and deliverable documentation including review packages, block diagrams, interface control documents, test procedures, requirements verification matrices, and test plans/procedures
- Proficient in control and use of a variety of test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
BS degree in Electrical Engineering discipline with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Highly motivated, self-starter, who works well in team environments
- Proficient in VHDL/Verlilog coding for synthesis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and debug FPGA firmware and related hardware issues
- Solid technical writing skills and ability to communicate complex technical concepts/solutions both inside and outside of the organization.
- In depth working knowledge and experience with vendor specific FPGA tools (Vivado, Quartus, etc.)
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Digital Signal Processing related to modem implementation and design
- High speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SDIO, Ethernet)
- Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces