Manufacturing electronic data acquisition systems for use in Anti-Submarine Warfare, ship self-defense, acoustic ranges, and geophysical exploration products. Under the general direction of the Electronics Group Lead, support digital and analog electronics design and failure analysis. The work pertains primarily to electronic circuits, embedded software, and systems concerned with measuring acoustical wave energy and providing telemetry for purposes such as communication, computation, sensing, control, measurement and navigation. Major activities include electronics design as well as extensive use of FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) and associated design and synthesis tools.
- Perform FPGA Design: Architecture, Algorithms, VHDL code generation, VHDL simulation, Synthesis and Device Implementation & Constraints, System Integration and Test.
- Design Low/Med Complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) starting from System De-composition and completing through System Integration and Test.
- Develop and edit circuit schematics with OrCad/Altium development tools and perform circuit simulation with PSPICE software.
- Edit and develop C/C++ source code for embedded software.
- Perform CCA Design specifying Mixed Signal Technology circuits consisting of A/D, D/A, Processors, I/O communication and Programmable Logic (FPGA, CPLD) circuits.
- Provide system test and evaluation support including input to test plans and procedures.
- Investigate root cause of component failures. Generate related documentation including technical status, forecast technical needs, and make recommendations for appropriate improvements.
- Review and mitigate component obsolescence.
- Implement the procedures necessary to evaluate the design activities and to ensure conformance with customer requirements, company standards, and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
- BSEE, Computer Engineering or other related technical field of study. In special circumstances knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of High Complexity Digital Design Techniques and Devices.
- Hardware debugging skills & experienced in operation of Signal Generator, Logic Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope and Embedded FPGA Debugging tools.
- ACTIVE Secret Clearance
- Valid state driver’s license.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Circuit Card: Cadence for Schematic Entry and to support PWB Layout/Route
- FPGA: Xilinx ISE, Xilinx Vivado, Microsemi Libero
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
- Able to socialize ideas, make recommendations, and gain team consensus.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills.
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills.