- HS Minimum – prefer someone with military background/radio operations or someone with 2+ years of software testing.
- General computer skills – comfort with MS tools (email, outlook, Word, etc.)
- Able to take notes (what you’re testing vs. what you’re seeing)
- Must have valid DL – have to be able to drive and feel comfortable driving company van
Nice to Haves:
- **Former military comms experience works really well for us
As a member of the Field Test Validation Team (FTV), primary responsibilities will include field and lab testing of software and hardware related to the Falcon family of radios. The candidate will be part of a team which provides a user oriented focus, and validation of over-the-air (OTA) performance of sophisticated radio equipment for military and professional use.
Candidate will have responsibilities consisting of (but not limited to):
- Testing of products and systems in customer scenarios with an end-user focus.
- Contributing to test plans and procedures.
- Set up, configuration, and operation of sophisticated data and voice communication equipment.
- Generating trouble reports (TRs) to communicate issues found and characterize repeatability.
- Working with development engineers to suggest and support TR resolutions.
- Refining team procedures, practices, and collection and reporting of performance data to ensure continuous improvement in the execution of tests.
- May also include occasionally supporting new business pursuit activities including demos, proposals, generation of applications info (e.g. diagrams, write-ups, etc.), and/or occasional travel and/or customer interaction to support these activities.
- Candidates should be aware that additional requirements associated with conducting on-air testing of tactical radios also may apply. These include working outside in virtually all-weather conditions applicable to the Rochester, NY area and other physical requirements such as occasional lifting and installing of equipment and working in and around vehicles.