We are looking for an Electrical Test Technician. The Electrical Test Technician will apply their knowledge of Electrical Technology and Electronics to engage in functional testing, verification, and validation of electronic, electro-mechanical, and electro-optical systems. Test involvement will include test preparation, procedure development, test execution, operation of custom test sets, operation of test-related equipment, recording data, and reporting data. The candidate will provide support for support equipment and product testing as well as infrastructure and process improvement projects.
- Support test configuration, execution, and de-configuration activities including:
- Participate in test design reviews and test readiness reviews
- Install and set up fixtures and related electronics
- Execute tests and troubleshooting per procedure and test lead direction
- Collect data using test sets and test systems, maintaining detailed logs.
- Perform basic data analysis using provided tools: Excel spreadsheets, computer applications, etc.
- Work with test scripts
- Set up, maintain, and operate electronic test equipment and facilities
- Work in a team environment with others including assembly personnel, a variety of engineers, and other test technicians.
- Requires A.A.S degree with 0 to 2 years of work experience as an electrical technician or vocational technical certification with 4+ years of work experience in a related technical field.
- Able to execute procedures, document results, and communicate those results.
- Requires minimum of a basic knowledge of electronics, test equipment, and software to include oscilloscopes, cables, Microsoft Office Applications, and Microsoft Visio.
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures.
- Able to clearly document test data and events through written logs and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Speaks clearly and concisely, presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups.
- On-site position. Remote support is generally not possible.
- Willing to work shift work including extended shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Willing to work in a secure clean room environment.
- Understands and adheres to established policies, procedures and proper labor charging practices.
- Performs special assignments as requested. May be required to perform work of lower and higher classification.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Experience working in a clean room with ESD and contamination sensitive flight hardware
- Experience with cable mate/demate
- Experience with LabVIEW
- Experience with higher level programming languages
- Familiarity with basic ESD concepts
- Familiarity with basic EMI concepts
- Knowledge of basic network setup and maintenance
- Strong work ethic