- AA degree with 0 to 2 years of fabrication and machining experience, or Vocational Certification with 4+ years in a related technical field
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Technician. This position will perform a variety of operations including the assembly & integration of complex electromechanical space flight components. This role involves working directly with engineers on the design and development of new and existing products to optimize design for manufacturability. Proficient in cable and harness builds as well as soldering of components.
- Willingness to work overtime, shift work, weekends, holidays and some travel.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and be willing to submit to a background investigation, as a government security clearance might be required for this position.
- Requires HS Diploma or GED and a minimum of 4 years electrical manufacturing/production experience.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or prototyping environment.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings/blueprints/schematics and detailed work instructions.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and manufacturing documentation.
- Speaks clearly and concisely, presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups.
- Ability to identify problems and suggest solutions.
- Demonstrates appropriate computer knowledge.
- Understands and adheres to established policies, procedures and proper labor charging practices.
- Must be able to perform as an individual contributor as well as within a team environment.
- Must be able to be certified to all IPC JSTD or comparable NASA certifications.
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to work with very fragile electronic assemblies under a microscope.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Associates Degree in electronic/electrical field.
- Experience in an Electrical/Mechanical/Optical discipline.
- Currently certified to IPC JSTD or comparable NASA certifications.
- Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Aerospace or Defense industry experience.