Performs skilled electrical work in repairing, inspecting, servicing, installing, and alteration of building electrical systems, equipment, and specialty power, voice and data networks.
- Perform layouts, installations, maintenance, repairs, and testing of high and low voltage electrical circuits and equipment, such as power machinery, electric ovens, blowers, transformers, controllers, outlets, switches, and various production and test equipment.
- Diagnose electrical systems or equipment problems using measuring and testing instruments and the standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring and electrical equipment.
- Install communication wiring which includes punch downs and certification of cat 5 data wiring and phone lines.
- Assist field personnel in the evaluation, understanding, operation, and maintenance of existing, renovated, or new electrical services and control systems. Assist in training and instruction of field personnel related to electrical and control systems.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate blueprints, specifications, applications, and submittals to ensure compliance to code regulations.
- Work independently or with other crafts in trouble shooting or installing control circuits on HVAC Systems and Energy Management Systems.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machinery such as meters, testing devices, and hand tools which will include various power hand tools.
- Operate personal and drivable man lifts, including company vehicles.
- Communicate maintenance and repair activities to other trades and management, as necessary.
- Work with supervisors to maintain a preventive maintenance program for the electrical equipment in this facility.
- Maintain routine records related to maintenance and repair activities.
- Close-out service calls or preventive maintenance requests as part of the software management system.
- Perform proper safety procedures and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Work with other crafts in performance of emergency repairs in order to keep building and equipment functional.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Equivalent Education Level Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience Required: Minimum of 5 years related industrial experience.
- Must be familiar with and observe all OSHA, NEC, NFPA, EHS, ITT and local electrical, gas, and safety codes and regulations.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in the performance of duties.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment including meters, testing devices, and hand and power tools.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, sketches, and drawings.
- Must have a thorough understanding of lighting and motor control circuitry, working with EMT and Rigid pipe, and a solid understanding of UPS Power.
- Must be knowledgeable of 480/277 volts 60 Hz, 208/120 volts, 400 Hz, and 60 Hz.
- Ability to work alone or with other trades in performance of repair projects.
- Ability to operate personal and drivable man lifts.
- Must have a valid NJ driver’s license to operate registered company vehicles.
- Refer to the physical requirements and environmental factors identified in the Functional Job Analysis.
- Must be able to pass all applicable medical exams.