We are looking for a self-starting, team-oriented Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic development team in supporting a Government customer. The team is building a large-scale enterprise application using web technologies, distributed computation and storage frameworks, and sophisticated, cutting-edge domain analytics, with the system hosted on virtualized and cloud-computing platforms. The engineer will work both independently with little supervision as well as engage with a team to achieve overall project objectives.
- The Software Engineer participates in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure.
- The Software Engineer will execute full lifecycle agile workflow including daily SCRUMs, story grooming and bidding, and sprint execution.
- The Software Engineer will develop software and extend the software baseline to implement new capabilities and to mature existing capabilities using key enabling technologies and frameworks.
- The Software Engineer will help maintain the deployed system, diagnose and resolve issues, and provide support to end-users as needed.
- The Software Engineer will provide technical and methodological guidance to the team, while helping steer the team to be self-reliant and highly effective at meeting project objectives.
- B.S. degree in Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and 4+ years of relevant experience; or Masters degree in Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience with Java development.
- Experience with Angular 2+ front-end web application platform and PrimeNG UI components or similar web framework.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance and CI Polygraph.
- Experience with space Systems highly desired.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience with Spring Boot framework.
- Experience developing software using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Software, Computer architectures, software architectures, object-oriented programs experience.
- Leading specific trade and root cause analysis studies that drive System development
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or GovCloud.
- Experience with continuous integration, build management, and automated test frameworks.
- Experience integrating, testing, and deploying software applications to operations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including direct customer contact.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS